Thursday, March 05, 2009

Barely here!

Now, here's an inviting scene. There's nothing nicer on a cold winter's night than warming yourself by the fire and snuggling up in a bear skin rug. Perhaps a glass of Port or a spiced wine to warm the soul and life just couldn't be better.

In comic news, the latest issue of Madman has a back--up story written by me and drawn by the incomparable Darwyn Cooke! The cover is a super jam piece with a little bit of each of us all inked by the amazing Mike Allred and colored by the astounding Laura Allred!

stay warm, my friends.
j.

6 comments:

Qwertyrulz said...

Or sitting by the fire, wrapped in the arms of your bear.
=w=

James Figueiredo said...

Whoa.
Serious "woof-ness" detected! :D
Beaturiful pi, as always, man - Also, I'll be sure to check out your issue of Madman!

Best,
J.

François said...

It's funny, but the way you've drawn the hair on his chest makes it look a bit like fish scales. To me, anyway.
So, we've discovered a new type of gay man: the bear-fish!
I guess the bearded version of Aquaman was a prototype :)

j. said...

Qwertyrulz - Indeed!

James - I was watching an episode of The Prisoner as I drew this...and I just now realized that his facial hair and features are that of Number 2 from the episode with the arts and crafts contest, "Chimes". The contest was to draw Number 2.

I'd better look out my window and make sure I'm not in the Village!

Francois - Ha! You're right! My attempt to use body hair to give shape to his chest and belly resulted in scales. Perhaps I need to rethink my approach. But it is funny...

Thanks, guys.
best,
j.

LTruzzi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
j. said...

LTruzzi - Hitting the spot is always my first goal. Grr!!

j.